Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
22 4 5 5

CodeBook App not loading notebook environment (Spawn failed: Timeout)

Hi everyone, CodeBook isn't loading the usual notebook environment where you can chose a file and start coding. The error message reads "Spawn failed: Timeout". Please see the screenshot for the event log.

Many thanks & best regards,

Almir

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorcodebook
capture.png (331.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@Almir Purisic

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

I've also have this issue! Have you found a solution?
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Almir Purisic - you would need to contact the service desk as it is a service issue. Just to let you know - I can spin up codebook instance without any problems - so its unlikely a systemic issue. It might be worth closing Eikon and retrying. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

Hi @Almir Purisic , I am getting this when I open Codebook all the time now. Before it happened ~70% of the time. I've cleared cookies, not on VPN, tried in multiple internet browsers.... It's quite the nuisance. screen-shot-2022-03-03-at-35605-pm.png

@jason.ramchandani01 thanks for the above response. As the error says '0/30 nodes are available: 30 Insufficient cpu, 30 Insufficient memory.', would this be a refinitiv server overload issue where no more nodes are available for my computer to establish a connection to? I've tried calling the service desk but I haven't had much success with them. Is there anyone in particular at Refinitv that could help with this?

icon clock
10 |1500

hi @stephen.yang01 ,

In the future, please post the question as a new question instead for visibility as the closed question (with accepted answer) isn't being monitored.

And this forum is dedicated to software developers using Refinitiv APIs, so for this service issue, you would need to contact the service desk. However, ticket number 11008892 has been raised on your behalf and you'll be directly contacted by the support team soon.

Hope this could help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.