question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 0

RDP app key

Hello, I've just got my RDP subscription. I have my RDP machine id and password as well as username, but I don't see any mention of app key which all the API's expect. Where do I find this value? Thanks

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @james.noble, Please start from the quickstart and tutorials here. The app key is to be generated by you for your application. There is also a link for it in the API playground.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 2 0

Thank you. There are a lot of quick starts and guides it's hard to end up on the right one. It would be good to link this from the subscription confirmation email.

icon clock
10 |1500

@james.noble,

The links to quick start and api playground were included in the welcome email - last time I checked. If you do not see this in your welcome email, can you please forward that email to me, so that I can chase up and get it fixed.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @james.noble

The App Key (aka client_id) can be generated from App Key Generator Tool web site. I strongly suggest you check Getting Start with Refinitiv Data Platform article which give you a step by step detail of how to set up your RDP/Machine-id account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.