Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Articles over period of time

Is there a way to download a sample of 10 articles (headline and contents) per day for 10 years for a particular company?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apinews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@ap123

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The history of news headlines currently available through Eikon Data APIs only goes back 15 months. But otherwise I don't see a problem with retrieving 10 headlines and stories per day for a company, provided there are that many headlines and stories for a company on a given day.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Thanks. Is there a way to go further back than just 15 months? For example, using the Eikon terminal instead of the API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Yes, there is. In the News Monitor app in Eikon application you can view the full depth of news history.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Thanks. How could I then save a selection (of headlines and content) to an Excel file?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Select the headlines in News Monitor app, then from the right click menu select Copy - Copy Selected Stories. Then paste it into Excel worksheet or wherever you want this content.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I only see an option to copy page address. Doing so, and pasting just gives a URL.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Here's the screenshot.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Why is it greyed out?

1598652471546.png (27.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Right-click menu is context sensitive, i.e. it changes depending on where you click. Use the right-click in the (default) headlines view of the News Monitor app as in the screenshot I provided.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I can't see the cursor on your screenshot. I was right-clicking from the orange bit and it's still greyed out.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

The starting point for the mouse pointer in my screenshot is the top left corner of the first right-click menu. You can also obtain the same commands from the hamburger menu button on the right hand side of the app title bar (just to the left of the minimize/maximize/close window buttons). But you need to be in the headlines view of the app, which is the default view the app opens with. In the screenshot you provided I cannot see the full app. I assume you're probably not in the main headlines view and are perhaps looking at the related headlines in the story view? If you include the screenshot of the full app window, that would be very helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.