Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Check access to API

Is there a way to check whether an account has access to the Python API? Or do all accounts come with the access to the Python API as long as Eikon desktop is installed locally on the machine?
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question. Thanks, AHS

@ap123

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ap123

You can check at these 2 steps:

5. Locate "APIPROXY" and "Listening to port" in the log file. By default, the port is 9000.

7. Open http://localhost:9000/ping?all on a web browser. (Plese note that port 9000 is from step 5.) And make sure that you can locate {"path":"/api"}.

By the way, I tried lookup for your registered email address or your registered name on this forum but I could not locate your Eikon account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Follow the link below to an article that among other things talks about how to check whether your Eikon account is entitled for Eikon Data APIs.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/eikon-data-apipython-troubleshooting-refinitiv

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

I had already tried that. Which bit of the article?

There's no section that specifies a quick way to check that the account has access to the API. Surely, the account wouldn't geneate an app key if there was no access?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

If I can't locate it, does it mean the accouunt doesn't have access to the Python API?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ap123

Yes, I also sent an email to your registered email on this forum to ask about your Eikon account so I can look it up in the system.

Thanks.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.