Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 1

Equivalent FieldIDs for existing Eikon screens.

How can I find out the equivalent Field IDs for the columns on the attached screen?

I want to programmatically get a list of all code changes for an instrument.

Kind regards

Dean

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapifields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

hi @ps15a - you can use the TR.EVENTS fields to get some of what you are looking for - but name changes etc will not be available as only a subset of those available in the GUI Screener tool are exposed.

df,err = ek.get_data(["PSL.AX"], ["TR.EventStartDate", "TR.EventType", "TR.EventTitle"],{"SDate":"2007-11-28","EventType":"ALL", "EDate":"2020-08-31","CH":"Fd","RH":"IN"})
df

I hope this can help.

1599039578394.png (234.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @ps15a

You can use "Data Item Browser" to explore what fields are available.

Please see this tutorial.

API could not access to search result in your attached picture.

So I am not sure how to give you an equivalent field ID.

icon clock
10 |1500

I am not an expert on content but some fields are carrying corporate action.

For more content question, please contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs2.png (63.4 KiB)
Upvotes
5 0 1 1

"...name changes etc will not be available as only a subset of those available in the GUI Screener tool are exposed" tells me what I wanted to know.

Kind regards

icon clock
10 |1500

@ps15a FYI I will forward this request to the API product owner as it is important functionality.

ps15a avatar image ps15a jason.ramchandani01

Would be a welcome addition.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.