question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 2

DACS recoverability using RFA

Hello,

I am using RFA 7.0.1.E4 in order to access DACS. I would like to know if/how it is possible to handle DACS recoverability.

To be more precise on my question, I need two things:

• get - in real time - the DACS status (up, down...): if DACS falls, I need to be informed, when DACS becomes up once again, I need to be informed as well
  • I need to handle automatic reconnection when DACS becomes up

To do so, do I have to check periodically the connection to DACS? (this may be done with a thread running in background)

Or can it be handled automatically and transparently via RFA?

(To my modeste knowledge, Elektron is not able to work with DACS: if I am wrong and Elektron is able to work with DACS and if Elektron is able to handle recoverability with DACS, another possibility for me would be switch from RFA to DACS)

Thanks for help

Philippe

treprfarfa-apiDACSrecoverability
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@philippe.mesmeur

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

The client has also open this case to RDC. Case number is 09151374

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@philippe.mesmeur

Open DACS will reconnect to DACS when the connection is down. As I know, there is no event fired to the application when the DACS connection state is changed. Therefore, the application needs to regularly check the daemon connection state to verify the connection.

RFA is able to connect to TREP or Elektron feed to consume real-time data. RFA itself is unable to connect to DACS. An API that can connect to DACS is Open DACS. However, Open DACS relies on the event distribution mechanism in RFA so using Open DACS requires RFA.

RFA and Open DACS are different APIs but they can be used together because they rely on the same event distribution mechanism.

When you mentioned Elektron in the question, I assume that it is Elektron API, such as EMA or ETA. Like RFA, the Elektron API can connect to TREP or Elektron feed to consume real-time data. It is unable to connect to DACS.

In theory, you can use Open DACS with Elektron API. You can refer to this thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.