Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Error code 503 | Server Error: API Proxy is not available - What to do?

Dear Refinitiv-Team, since yesterday, I get the follwing message:

Error code 503 | Server Error: API Proxy is not available

Normally, our App should download Eikon price data into our App.

Could you solve this issue asap?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Judith

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Judith

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Judith We recently released a new Eikon Library v.1.1.6 is available on pypi.org.

You can update with "pip install --upgrade --no-cache-dir eikon"

It should fix issues users we having with with Python 3.8 - maybe this will resolve your issues. Let me know how you get on.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Judith

Did you have a change to try Eikon Data APi version 1.1.6 yet?

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Judith What version of the Eikon Library and Eikon are you using? Some users are experiencing issues with version 1.4/1.5 and Eikon 4.0.52. Can you please try with Eikon Library 1.1.2 (pip install eikon==1.1.2).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

@jason.ramchandani: thanks for your note. Where can I check which versions ob both library and eikon I am using? Thanks and best regards, Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@Judith For Eikon you can click on the Helios menu (the round orange button to the left of the search bar) ==> About.

For the library - in a jupyter notebook for example once you have loaded Eikon library:

import eikon as ek
ek.__version__

I hope this can help

1599125807116.png (128.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Dear Jason, thanks again! I have indeed the Eikon version you mention above. However, I am not sure how to start the Eikon library, and where exactly to install the library version you mention above. I assume, in an Eikon folder for the library? I am only using an application which I have not written (in a Jupyter notebook, with associated py-files), and until last week, it worked fine (however, this Tuesday, two RICS did not get updated - out of 8), and from Wednesday on, I get this error. However, in this code, I do not see directly a reference to the library. Best regards, Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1
Dear all, after about 7 days, suddenly the error disappeared without anything changed. In fact, I had difficulties like that every 6-8 weeks. … however, we switched now to the above mentioned library version and now let's see, whether this helps in the longterm.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1
Now…. I have this error message again! What could be the reason?
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1
Would it make sense to use another Eikon Version 4.0.xxx? And how would I do that? Thx, Judith
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.