Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 2 1

How to get the RIC from the news?

Hi,

I would like to extract the RICs for the headlines of an equity index. I used ek.get_news_headlines(".B2LTDIV", count=20, raw_output=False) which gives me the headlines, but no RICs. Can you please help? Many thanks.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsnews
bild-reuters.png (379.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@laturnus

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@laturnus thanks for your question. You would need to use the get_news_story() API call which you pass the storyID field from the news headline call. In there you will find the RICs mentioned. Please see example below:

For Reuters News source you will see the RIC returned. However, we carry news from over 9000 sources so maybe not all may return RICs.

You can however use our Intelligent Tagging service to take any unstructured text and try to tag it with the entities that are mentioned within it. You can try the free version called Open Calais - which is mentioned on this page.

I have also written an article using the news APIs here that you might find useful.

I hope this can help.

1599126928142.png (242.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 3 2 1

Many thanks!!!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.