Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Can I use Phyton directly without accessing anything else to get data from Eikon?

Can I use Phyton directly without accessing anything else to get data from Eikon?

If yes, may I know what subscriptions/product is needed?

Thank you.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Tim.Diego

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@Tim.Diego

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Tim.Diego

No, you must have an instance of Eikon Desktop or Refinitiv Workspace running on the same physical machine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Chavalit, Thank you. May I know if it will work on Eikon Web and Web for Refinitiv Workspace as well?

Hi @Tim.Diego

You can use CODEBOOK on Eikon Web.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/use-eikon-data-api-or-rdp-library-python-codebook-web-browser

But this is not the local Python on your local machine.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Tim.Diego

Basically, you need the Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace account and application, Python and then internet connection. Please follow the Eikon Data API Quick Start guide and Setting up a Python development environment tutorial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi Wasin, Thank you. May I know if it will work on Eikon Web and Web for Refinitiv Workspace as well?

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

@Tim.Diego, There is also Refinitiv Data Platform which allows RESTful access to data using Python or any other programming language without any local dependencies.

We are gradually onboarding more content and services to RDP.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.