question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 1 0 5

How to create RIC using Java OMM API?

treprfarfa-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @vikas.chaudhary

The QuickStartConsumer contains an example code for consuming data from OMM Provider/Refinitiv Real-Time only. Please refer to the RFA Java StarterConsumer_Post example which demonstrates how to subscribe and post to a provider application (including ATS) using the RSSL connection.

The StarterConsumer_Post example is available at <RFA Java package>\Examples\com\reuters\rfa\example\omm\postingConsumer folder.

Please refer to "Prerequisites to Posting messages to ATS via TREP" and "Sample Posting with Adding RIC and Fields" sections of the article 1 and the answer of my colleague in this post regarding how to run the StarterConsumer_Post example.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @vikas.chaudhary

Which API that you are using? Is it the Elektron APIs or Eikon Data API?

If you are using Elektron APIs (EMA or ETA), you can find more detail regarding how to create RIC with ATS server grammatically and how to post data to ATS via the following articles:

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @vikas.chaudhary

Can you please expand on what you mean by 'create RIC'? Where do you wish to create it - on the ATS as per my colleague's reply above - or elsewhere e.g. in the ADH Cache?

Who are the target consumers for the RIC - internal users and/or external users?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 0 5

Thanks or replying. I need to create internal RIC on ATS using RFA Version: 8.1.3.L1.all. I am looking for what would be encoded request structure to create ric, add field to ric and to delete ric or field. Thanks

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @vikas.chaudhary

Thank you for clarification. I suggest you check article part 1 and part 2 which cover concept of ATS Posting and RIC creation/update/delete. The articles contain the importation requirement and OMM message structure which can apply to all Elektron APIs (including RFA).

You may check the EMA Java example code in the articles as the API is similar mechanism as RFA Java.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
7 1 0 5

I'm refereing below example to create request but dont have any reference to create OMMrequest to create/delete ric/fid. Appreciate your response.

com.reuters.rfa.example.quickstart.QuickStartConsumer;

There is similiar post but i believe require some more explanation :

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/12923/create-ric-in-ats.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.