Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 3 2

Coonect Eikon to Pycharm to retrieve data - error

Hi, I followed all the guidelines I found to use Eikon API in order to connect my pycharm code and retrieve data from Eikon directly into the project. Unfortunately I always get an error: 2020-09-11 15:08:55,935 P[19012] [MainThread 9372] Error: no proxy address identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running. 2020-09-11 15:08:55,935 P[19012] [MainThread 9372] Port number was not identified, cannot send any request 2020-09-11 15:08:55,935 P[19012] [MainThread 9372] Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running. Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2019.2.2\helpers\pydev\_pydev_bundle\pydev_umd.py", line 197, in runfile pydev_imports.execfile(filename, global_vars, local_vars) # execute the script File "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2019.2.2\helpers\pydev\_pydev_imps\_pydev_execfile.py", line 18, in execfile exec(compile(contents+"\n", file, 'exec'), glob, loc) File "C:/Users/t652312/PycharmProjects/EikonConnection/peerAnalysis.py", line 33, in tr.set_app_key('4b02690607264c2d8d86f7abec4cc6ba12f30670') File "C:\Programs\Miniconda3_64\envs\eikonconda\lib\site-packages\eikon\Profile.py", line 38, in set_app_key get_profile().set_app_key(app_key) File "C:\Programs\Miniconda3_64\envs\eikonconda\lib\site-packages\eikon\Profile.py", line 233, in set_app_key self.check_profile() File "C:\Programs\Miniconda3_64\envs\eikonconda\lib\site-packages\eikon\Profile.py", line 346, in check_profile raise EikonError(-1, 'Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.') eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running. I am using the code found in the example here: https://developers.refinitiv.com/eikon-apis/eikon-data-api/quick-start?content=43411&type=quick_start and obviously I created the App key. Does somebody have
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@tanja.baccega

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @tanja.baccega

Please see this question and check Pycharm and Eikon Data API version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

A new 1.1.6 version was released to fix HTTP connection issues with Python 3.8

As you set up your environment recently, I assume that your miniconda3_64 contains this version.

you can update eikon with "pip install --upgrade --no-cache-dir eikon" command line

icon clock
10 |1500

@pierre.faurel

Some users upgrade to 1.1.6 and it seems to resolve the port error but found an issue when calling get_data instead. It does not have any response back and freezes at the step.

noresponse.jpg (35.5 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.