Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

ek.get_timeseries method returning value error

Arguments are : list(ric_code),fields = ['CLOSE'], interval='daily', start_date=curr_date, end_date=2019-01-01, calendar="tradingdays"

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My bad, arguments used are, end_date=curr_date, start_date=2019-01-01

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@subarini

It seems you missed an important point in both answers by @chavalit.jintamalit and @wasin.waeosri. The type of the start_date argument must be either a datetime or a string. In your case it's neither. Make sure you enclose the value of 2019-01-01 in quotes, i.e. make sure you use

start_date='2019-01-01'

and not

start_date=2019-01-01

If indeed you are using quotes to enclose the value of the start_date argument and all your previous posts were missing the quotes by mistake, then please provide the full traceback of the error you experience.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @subarini

I think your end_date and start_date is not correct.

Based on the provided code, start_date is the current date, that means end_date is earlier than start_date.

After I swap start_date and end_date, the code works fine.

ahs1.png (60.5 KiB)
ahs2.png (47.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Any update as to what else could be the error?

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @subarini

Could you please share the error value/message that you receives from the API?

I have tried to replicate you code and I got "'end date ({})should be after than start date ({})'" error message as following:

Based on the Eikon Data API reference, the end_date should be the same date or after start_date, so I switch the value of curr_date and '2019-01-01' string. The function call works fine.

Please note that the date value '2019-01-01' is a string format.

error.png (51.7 KiB)
work.png (32.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Any update as to what else could be the error?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.