question

Upvote
Accepted
46 2 2 6

What is the preferred way to unit test decoding of received messages?

Hi.
1. Is it possible to somehow dump into file received response so I can later recreate refresh/update message from it in my unit/integration tests?
2. Why none of ema data structures is serializable?
3. I also tried to create messages by hand

final RefreshMsg refreshMsg = EmaFactory.createRefreshMsg();
final FieldList fieldList = EmaFactory.createFieldList();
final FieldEntry fieldEntry = EmaFactory.createFieldEntry();
fieldEntry.realFromDouble(22, 1.3);
fieldList.add(fieldEntry);
refreshMsg.payload(fieldList);
But I receive `Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='Attempt to fieldList() while actual data type is NoData`
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

For the question 3, I didn't encounter the problem from the code snippet using EMA 3.0.1.L1 (Elektron-SDK1.0.3.java), can you post the full stack trace information and the version of EMA using?

Upvotes
Accepted
1.2k 23 31 44

You can use Codestreet's Replay Service as a testing facility.

With EMA creating messages may not be fully functional until the provider interface has been implemented. You will have more success with ETA but there will be more boiler plate code to recreate first.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
46 2 2 6

Thx. I will take a look at Replay Service.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.9k 7 10 16

2. Why none of ema data structures is serializable?

From my point of view, the concept of Java serialization is to convert a Java object to byte data. However, the actual data transmission in the network are encoded from OMM message data into RWF (Reuters Wire Format) using a specific algorithm, not a result from Java serialization process, which is a part of RSSL protocol.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
19 7 10 8
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
19 7 10 8
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

For the latest information on ReplayService for TREP, refer to this page: ReplayService.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

Hi, these links don't seem to work anymore. Where can I find Codestreets replay service? I am looking for a way to decode the RefreshMsg.payload for unittesting purposes, any hints as to how to do that would be very helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.