Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Pull out data in the customized analysis chart automatically

Hi there,

Just wondering is there a way that i could pull out the data in the customized analysis chart. I have a list of companies that i want to do the same technical analysis. However, for now, i could only manually search for each one by changing the ticker. Is there a automatically way in excel that i could pull out chart data corresponding to the tickers i have?

Thanks

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @pschroeder. if you are using Eikon and the CHT app you can drag and drop any of the lines in your charts into Excel, for a dump of the history, but it's not automated and is not dynamic.. It's simply a quick easy way to dump the data into Excel. The technical analysis function exists only in the chart app and isn't available in Excel currently. It can of course be manually created using the underlying formulas, but is rather a heavy lift to do this. I think the best way for you to automate this would be to use the Eikon Data API to pull in your timeseries and then to use the TA python library to calculate your technical indicators.This is specifically what Umer has done in the article he is referring to. If you'd like some help with that we can jump on a call next week if it helps?

@pschroeder

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @pschroeder

I don't know the answer to the above question - hopefully, an Eikon expert will respond to confirm if it is possible.

However, you may find this article interesting where I programmatically run historical and then live Technical Analysis on a set of RICs and then post alerts to a chatroom when a trade signal is generated.

Note that the resultant code in the article is for educational purposes only and should not be considered production-ready.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.