Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Matlab API for Eikon

hello,

where can I download the components, specified in the following guide(https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/using-eikon-net-sdk-matlab), needed to setup the Eikon connection in matlab and access to the library? thanks in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapimatlab
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@francesco.defonte

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @francesco.defonte you can still download the 32 bit version - however, support for the 64 bit version has been removed a while back. This is an older API and is feature complete in that we will not be adding new features or capabilities to it.

We have a nicer experience for .NET users with our Refinitiv Data Platform and Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries (.NET (Alpha Release), TS/JS, Python). Under the hood the Refinitiv Data Platform uses standards based web technologies (eg websockets for streaming realtime / request-response for non-streaming) which play nice pretty much everywhere and which you can interact directly with but we have also added nice ease-of-use libraries (link above) which contain different abstraction layers for handling objects from high-level one line functions to lower level 'a few lines' of code to have total control over options etc.

Whilst the older library will work - I strongly urge you check out Refinitiv Data Platform libraries. For Eikon users any valid APP KEY will work. Please see the following two articles for further resources - Discover our Refinitiv Data Platform Library (part 1) and Discover our Refinitiv Data Platform Library(part 2)

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

hi Jason,

indeed i have the 64 bit version, thanks for your quick answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.