Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 1

Cant reproduce new Refinitiv R package

I am trying to reproduce the new Refinitiv R library as in the following link

https://rdrr.io/github/GreenGrassBlueOcean/RefinitivR/f/README.md

After successfully installing the R package, I was able to run the following command successfully

Data <- EikonGetData(EikonObject = Eikon, rics = c("MMM", "III.L"), = c("TR.PE(Sdate=0D)/*P/E (LTM) - Diluted Excl*/", "TR.CompanyName"))

However, when I am trying to reproduce time series command using the following command:

Timeseries <- EikonGetTimeseries( EikonObject = Eikon, rics = c("MMM", "III.L"),                                , start_date = "2020-01-01T01:00:00", , end_date = paste0(Sys.Date(), "T01:00:00"))

I am getting the following error:

EikonGetTimeseries request returned with length 4
Error in data.table::rbindlist(TimeSeriesList, use.names = TRUE, fill = TRUE) : 
  Column 2 of item 1 is length 2 inconsistent with column 1 which is length 905. Only length-1 columns are recycled.
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'environment'
2: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  is.na() applied to non-(list or vector) of type 'environment'
3: In cbind(Date = c(FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE, FALSE,  :
  number of rows of result is not a multiple of vector length (arg 2)
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apir
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@azam.yahya123

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
77 5 12 17

I am the author of this package.

I have made yesterday and today a number of commitments to:

- To be able to work with the latest Eikon Python api version 1.1.6.post2

- Take out the dependency on python pandas, which caused the issue you mentioned. As the default version of pandas is now 1 in stead of 0.2.5. Pandas now requires additional information which I can not provide by the r interface.

- A new parsing engine, to do the conversion from nested list from the api to a R data.frame.

- if verbose = TRUE you can notice the new download manager who tries to retrieve requests multiple times in order to prevent/overcome 400 and 408 errors as much as possible.

- Many more unit tests to better deal with nested lists. (over 110)

I therefore suggest to download the latest version from github.

I guess that @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai was using an older version of the python api and the R RefinitivR package. Therefore his requests turned out ok without issue. You were I guess using an intermediate version. I therefore suggest to regularly download the latest version from Github to ensure you are running the latest version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @azam.yahya123

The Refinitiv R is not official Refinitiv product, it is a community API. I strongly suggest you submit the issue to the API's developer directly via GitHub issue page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@azam.yahya123

I can run it properly.

You may set raw_output to TRUE to verify the raw data.

1600660412453.png (28.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.