For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 1

Trying to use DSS SDK Seach and I am getting a System.TypeLoadException Exception

Trying to use DSS SDK Seach in project targeting .Net Standard 2.1 and I am getting a System.TypeLoadException Exception

Tried changing the target to .Net Framework 4.5.1 and I am getting the same exception

I copied and referenced all the DLLs as directed in the Getting Started docs.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.OData.Edm.Library.EdmElement' from assembly 'Microsoft.OData.Edm, Version=7.5.0.20627, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.\r\n at Microsoft.OData.Client.DataServiceContext..ctor(Uri serviceRoot, ODataProtocolVersion maxProtocolVersion)\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.DssDataServiceContext.Initialize(Boolean sampleMode, String clientSessionId) in d:\\BuildAgent\\work\\5085137dd0574126\\src\\ServiceLayer\\ServiceLayer.Client\\Core\\DssDataServiceContext.cs:line 100\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.DssDataServiceContext..ctor(Uri serviceRoot, String userName, String passWord, Boolean sampleMode, String clientSessionId) in d:\\BuildAgent\\work\\5085137dd0574126\\src\\ServiceLayer\\ServiceLayer.Client\\Core\\DssDataServiceContext.cs:line 70\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Search.SearchContext..ctor(Uri serviceRoot, String userName, String password, Boolean sampleMode, String clientSessionId)

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssc#exception
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Contacted DSS_SWAT

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@Clarity Andrew

DSS SDK doesn't support .NET standard. It supports .NET Framework 4.5+, mentioned here.

The version of Microsoft.OData.Edm.dll in the DSS SDK is 6.15.

From the error message, the version of Microsoft.OData.Edm is 7.5.0.20627. I get the same error if I use the same version (7.5.0.20627).

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Microsoft.OData.Edm.Library.EdmElement' from assembly 'Microsoft.OData.Edm, Version=7.5.0.20627, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
   at Microsoft.OData.Client.DataServiceContext..ctor(Uri serviceRoot, ODataProtocolVersion maxProtocolVersion)
   at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.DssDataServiceContext.Initialize(Boolean sampleMode, String clientSessionId) in d:\BuildAgent\work\5085137dd0574126\src\ServiceLayer\ServiceLayer.Client\Core\DssDataServiceContext.cs:line 100
   at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.DssDataServiceContext..ctor(Uri serviceRoot, String userName, String passWord, Boolean sampleMode, String clientSessionId) in d:\BuildAgent\work\5085137dd0574126\src\ServiceLayer\ServiceLayer.Client\Core\DssDataServiceContext.cs:line 69
   at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionsContext..ctor(Uri serviceRoot, String userName, String password, Boolean sampleMode, String clientSessionId) in d:\BuildAgent\work\5085137dd0574126\src\Api\RestApi.Client\ExtractionsClientApi.generated.cs:line 3851
   at DSSTest451.DssClient.ConnectToServer(String dssUserName, String dssUserPassword) in C:\Users\U8009686\source\repos\DSSTest451\DSSTest451\DssClient.cs:line 76
   at DSSTest451.Program.Main() in C:\Users\U8009686\source\repos\DSSTest451\DSSTest451\Program.cs:line 30

The problem can be solved if I used the Microsoft.OData.Edm.dll version 6.15 in the DSS SDK package.

1600929657594.png (24.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai. I determined that another dependency that I had on Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Extensions.Storage was depending on Microsoft.OData.Core >= 7.6.4 which in turn depended on Microsoft.OData.Edm 7.7.2. Fortunately, for the moment at least, I am able to downgrade Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Extensions.Storage from 4.0.2 to 3.0.11 to remove the dependency on Microsoft.OData.Edm 7.5.0.20627. I get a waring that "This project may not be fully compatible with your project." but it still seems to work.

However, this is far from being a good solution. Can you tell me when Refinitiv and the DSS SDK will support .net Core? Net Core is the current recommendation from Microsoft for new projects and has been for a while. Not having support for Net Core makes Refinitiv seem out of date and headed towards irrelevant. That is unless the DSS SDK is not the current recommendation from Refinitiv but everything I read on the site so far suggests that the DSS SDK is in fact what you all are telling people to use. Should we instead be rolling our own REST integration?

Can someone at Refinitiv confirm the current guidance for users who require .Net Standard support? Is there a roadmap for when .Net Standard will be supported.

I will contact the DSS product team for this question.

@Clarity Andrew

I got a response from the product team that we don’t have a plan to add support of .NET Core to the DSS SDK.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.