question

Upvotes
Accepted

RDP Search - REST API (via //api.refinitiv.com/search) vs. Eikon Data API (via rdp.search)

Is there a way, using the 'rdp.search' capability in Eikon Data API, to access the 'Total' amount of items returned from the search?

You can do this when accessing the RDP API directly using REST calls

but I can't figure out where in the result returned back from the 'rdp.search' function, is the total amount of items returned. I therefore hardcoded it to 1000 items. I'd rather use the 'rdp.search' function instead of direct REST calls, but I also wan to do this the correct way and know exactly how many items I should be requesting back from the search results.

eikon-data-apirdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformsearch
item-1.jpg (103.1 KiB)
item-2.jpg (30.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Frank Policastro

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,

DataFrame result from rdp.search() should have exactly the same row number than Total fields.

You can check it if you activate log (rdp.get_default_session().set_log_level(5):

Note that when I check on Prod RDP Playground, I see same result size but when I send same request on Beta RDP Playground, size is different:

1600982321345.png (130.3 KiB)
1600982723862.png (64.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.