Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 2 3 3

Access denied when accessing TR field data from Eikon Data API, Excel Add-in working fine

Hi Team,

I am receiving the following error when trying to access DPS value from Eikon Data API for my company say 'Metlife':

(  Instrument  Dividend Per Share  Company Market Cap  Price Close 0        MET                <NA>        3.291184e+10        36.26, [{'code': 221,   'col': 1,   'message': 'The access to field(s) denied.',   'row': 0}])

It's able to retrieve Market Cap and Close price but not the DPS. However, I am able to pull the DPS value easily when using Excel Add-in. My code is as given below:

data = ek.get_data('MET', ['TR.DPS','TR.CompanyMarketCap','TR.PriceClose'])

data

I need to retrieve this data in order to update some files regularly. Could you please help me out with it? Thank you

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@akshay.kaushal

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.

This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @akshay.kaushal,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@akshay.kaushal

I got the same error when requesting TR.DPS on both Eikon Excel and Eikon Data API.

(  Instrument  Dividend Per Share  Company Market Cap  Price Close  0        MET                <NA>        3.381043e+10        37.25,  [{'code': 221,    'col': 1,    'message': 'The access to field(s) denied.',    'row': 0}])

Can you try the below formula in Eikon Excel?

=@TR("MET","TR.DPSActValue;TR.DPS","CH=Fd RH=IN",B3)

Moreover, I am unable to find TR.DPS when using the Data Item Browser and Excel Formula Builder tools.

1601349002506.png (17.6 KiB)
1601349357942.png (75.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.