Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 3

Problem Connexion API

Bonjour,

Nous rencontrons le problème avec API Eikon ce matin de nouveau.

Le problème est recurrent et ça revient une fois par semaine.
Pouvez-vous investiguer un peu plus et resoudre le problème SVP?

Vendredi ça fonctionnait très bien.
API est parametré sur le port 9000, mais il est impossible de l'interogger.

Merci pour votre aide.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierror
eikon-api.png (121.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi Magouloub,

A way to identify the API port number is to open http://localhost:9000/api/status
9000 is the default port number for Eikon proxy, hope it isn't changed in your environment (if 9000 is already used).
If it's the right value, you'll be redirected to the right port number of API proxy (in my case : http://localhost:9060/api/status).

Another way is to get value from <user>\AppData\Roaming\Refinitiv\Data API Proxy\.portInUse file.

Once you identified the API proxy port number and open http://localhost:XXXX/api/status, you should retrieve this content :

{"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.6.3"}

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@Magouloub

Would you mind clarifying which Refinitiv API or library are you using? From the screenshot provided I'm guessing that you created your own library in Java (probably reverse engineering Eikon Data APIs for Python library)? If this is correct, I'm afraid we won't know anything about the library you created. And the info provided in your post is insufficient to say anything about why your application experiencing disconnect (or even what exactly it disconnects from). Based solely on you saying that you experience this disconnect once a week, I'm guessing that perhaps it may be related to Eikon auto-logoff feature, which automatically logs off Eikon application once a week over the weekend? This just a wild guess though.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 3

The problem isn't the code.

We are bothered by the change of API port each time and we have to look for the right port to modify our code.

The question how to prevent the change of API port so that we do not have to change the port in our code each time.

Currently API is started on port 9063, before we used 9000.

Thanks for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.