Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 3 6

Error: Could not load file or assembly 'ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess

I downloaded the Usage Example Reference Data API and tried to build it and run it. After many trials using x64 and x86 build config it finally builds but I still have the error mentioned in the title. I moved the various DLL ( msvcp120.dll ; msvcr120 ; EikonPipeDll.dll and I18nResource.dll ) to the build directory in vain. I still have the same error.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@melarbi

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @melarbi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

I can run it properly by following these steps:

1. Download and unzip the DataApiUsageExampleReferenceData

2. Open DataApiUsageExampleReferenceData.csproj with Visual Studio 2017. I saw warning signs under the References

3. Press Ctrl+F5 to build and run the example. The example can run properly

After running, the warning signs under the References are gone.

The following libraries are downloaded.

• Common.Logging 2.1.2.0
  • protobuf-net 2.0.0.668
  • ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess 1.8.1.0
  • ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools 2.9.0.127
  • ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common 2.9.0.0
  • ThomsonReuters.Udap.ManagedPS 2.9.0.0

The Debug directory has these files:

How did you build and run the example?

1601377378235.png (23.6 KiB)
1601377801244.png (75.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

What is the full error message? Eikon .NET SDK has dependency on both v10 and v12 of Microsoft C++ runtime libraries. Could you check that you have msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll available in the PATH or installed in System32 folder corresponding to the bitness of your application, and if not, copy msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll into build folder?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 3 6

@Alex_Putkov Hi Alex. I have started all over again from the begining just to make sure I dont miss a thing. I have now an issue with ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess, I've installed the Librairy and add it to my dependecies in the sample code ( DataApiUsageExampleReferenceData ). I am unable to build the solution in x86 and x64. Having this warning : Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess, Version=1.8.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f277fbca8b8695cc, processorArchitecture=x86". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. Please can you help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 3 6

Thank you. This works. I have gone at lengths to resolve the warnings on my own. using Nuget to restore the packages etc..

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.