Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 1 3 5

Obtain RIC from RQID

I have list of RQIDs I need to map RIC against those RQIDs how can do that using python? I need a field name for RIC.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23 1 3 5

Alex sorry for getting back late RQID is QuoteID and my question was how to obtain RIC from QuoteID (RQID). To get RIC from QuoteiD I've used `TR.RIC` which gives me dersired results.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

You can use CodeCreator app in Eikon to browse the data items (or fields) and construct a Python code sample that retrieves these data items.
What is RQID? I don't think I've come across this abbreviation previously.

icon clock
10 |1500

Alex, I can't find the RIC in data item browser can you tell the field name for that? For some reason the data item browser is not responding.

I'm afraid I cannot answer your question without knowing the context. What is RQID? What kind of identifier is it and what assets does it identify? There's no one universal field that would give you the RIC for any kind of input. Not to mention that it's possible there are no RICs for whatever it is that RQID identifies. Probably the most widely applicable field that returns a RIC is TR.RIC, but I cannot possibly tell if it'll work for your use case without understanding what the use case is.

Hello @f.hashim,

Please provide the clarification as asked by @Alex Putkov. so that we can make progress toward answering your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.