question

Upvotes
Accepted
171 5 7 8

Linux example based on 110, cannot find RDMFieldDictionary

The current situation that i am trying to test:

Windows sink+ windows client works. (compiled by me) on same machine using ip

Windows sink + Linux client (in eclipse project based on 110 with minor modifications - same code as on windows )

OmmConsumer consumer(OmmConsumerConfig("/root/eclipse-workspace/test/conf/EmaConfig.xml").consumerName("Consumer_13").username("ANYUSER")); // uses configuration from EmaConfig.xml
consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "ELEKTRON_EDGE" ).name( "JPY=" ), client );

gives me the error::

Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='DictionaryCallbackClient::loadDictionaryFromFile() failed.
Unable to load RDMFieldDictionary from file named ./RDMFieldDictionary
or load enumtype.def from file named ./enumtype.def', ErrorCode='-1'

i have put in the directory of EmaConfig.xml enumtype.def and RDMFieldDirectory

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apirdmenumcentos
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
171 5 7 8

i turned on logs and found out that:

Error text Acronym mismatch "PRE_2ET291" and "INS_P_CCY" between Field Dictionary and Enum Type Dictionary

i copied latest files for client the servers and now it works

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @iliak,

You can optionally include the complete path to dictionary in EmaConfig.xml, in DictionaryList section, something like:

<Consumer>
            <!-- Name is mandatory                                                                        -->
            <Name value="Consumer_1"/>

<!-- Channel is optional: defaulted to "RSSL_SOCKET + localhost + 14002"                    -->
            <!-- Channel or ChannelSet may be specified                                                    -->
            <Channel value="Channel_1"/>

<!-- Dictionary is optional: defaulted to "ChannelDictionary"                                -->
            <Dictionary value="Dictionary_3"/>

<Dictionary>
            <Name value="Dictionary_3"/>
            <!-- providers always assume DictionaryType = DictionaryType::FileDictionary -->
            <DictionaryType value="DictionaryType::FileDictionary"/>

<!-- dictionary file names are optional: defaulted to ./RDMFieldDictionary and ./enumtype.def -->
            <RdmFieldDictionaryFileName value="/opt/user/dicts/RDMFieldDictionary"/>
            <EnumTypeDefFileName value="/opt/user/dicts/enumtype.def"/>
icon clock
10 |1500

the path is now correct but same error:

Exception Type='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text='DictionaryCallbackClient::loadDictionaryFromFile() failed.
    Unable to load RDMFieldDictionary from file named /root/eclipse-workspace/test/conf/RDMFieldDictionary
    or load enumtype.def from file named /root/eclipse-workspace/test/conf/enumtype.def', ErrorCode='-1'

Hello @iliak,

I would check that the dictionaries are

• Indeed in the location that you specify
  • Are permissioned to user
  • Are not corrupted

If this does not help,

I just tested EMA110 on my testbed with the default location within ESDK (ESDK is installed in /opt/ESDK/Real-Time-SDK-master) and there was no issue specifying this original location for dictionaries in EmaConfig.xml:

<Dictionary>
                        <Name value="Dictionary_2"/>
                        <DictionaryType value="DictionaryType::FileDictionary"/>

<!-- dictionary names are optional: defaulted to RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def -->
                        <RdmFieldDictionaryFileName value="/opt/ESDK/Real-Time-SDK-master/Cpp-C/etc/RDMFieldDictionary"/>
                        <EnumTypeDefFileName value="/opt/ESDK/Real-Time-SDK-master/Cpp-C/etc/enumtype.def"/>
                </Dictionary>

Try specifying the original location within SDK?

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @iliak

Based on the information you have provided, the most likely cause is that the RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def files are not in the expected location.

Typically the application would try to find them in the current working directory - which may not be the same as the application folder perhaps?

The other alternative approach would be to specify the full directory path and file location in the config, so there is no ambiguity to the location.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.