Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 0

How can I access the Company Tree Structure through the Python Eikon API?

The Company Tree Structure is one of the applications in the "Overview" tab of a company view in Eikon. I would like to retrieve this information using the eikon Python package and related API Key. However, I don't find any documentation how to do this (what function, parameter set to use).

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapicompany-tree
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Starting with an organization PermID or a RIC for the company common stock use TR.ImmediateParentId, TR.ImmediateParent fields to go one level up the company tree structure or use fields TR.UltimateParentId, TR.UltimateParent to jump to the top of it.
Use fields TR.RelatedOrgId, TR.RelatedOrgName, TR.RelatedOrgType to retrieve the list of immediate subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures.

E.g.

ek.get_data('LSE.L',['TR.RelatedOrgId','TR.RelatedOrgName','TR.RelatedOrgType'])

For more information about these and other fields you can use to create the company tree structure use Data Item Browser (DIB) or CodeCreator (CODECR) apps in Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, Alex - that works well. Understood now the concept.

Hello @cspindler ,

can you share your code please? I have a similar problem. Thanks!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.