Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 0 0

Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running.

After copying the App Key from the Refinitiv Eikon Web Access into python and requesting data, I encounter an error message:

"eikon.eikonError.EikonError: Error code -1 | Port number was not identified. Check if Eikon Desktop or Eikon API Proxy is running."

Eikon tutorial video's instruct you to install the Eikon API Proxy. However, on Mac, this is not available to download. When I set an API Key on Web Portal it doesn't work. How do I use the API on a mac?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiproxymac-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.
This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @student.08,

On MAC would like to suggest using Refinitiv Workspace, which is the next generation of the Eikon, and comes complete with API Proxy for MAC OS. You can find out more about Refinitiv Workspace from your Refinitiv account team.

Alternatively, depending on your use case, you may be interested to run Eikon/Refinitiv Workspace in browser, web edition, and using CodeBook app for API access. For more details and suggestions you may be interested to look up this previous discussion thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.