question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

Can you perform a screener type search in RDP

In Eikon data api I can perform the following search:

dfexch,e =ek.get_data('SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,countryprimaryquote))/*UNV:Public*/), IN(TR.ExchangeMarketIdCode,"XNZE"), IN(TR.InstrumentTypeCode,"CHESS","DRC","FULLPAID","ORD","PARTPAID","STAPLED"))',['TR.RIC','TR.CommonName', 'TR.EXCHANGEMARKETIDCODE','TR.ISPRIMARYINSTRUMENT','TR.ISPRIMARYQUOTE','TR.ISCOUNTRYPRIMARYQUOTE','TR.ISIN','TR.InstrumentType','TR.InstrumentTypeCode', 'TR.TRBCEconomicSector', 'TR.TRBCEconSectorCode'])

The closest I have gotten is:

df = rdp.search(view=rdp.SearchViews.EquityQuotes, filter = "Mic eq 'XNZE'", top = 10000, select ="DocumentTitle , RIC, GicsCode, RCSTRBC2012")

But this is not 1000% correct!

How would I do this in RDP? Also from looking at the EquityQuotes SearchView metadata I can see the following fields:
IsPrimaryIssueRIC, IsPrimaryRIC

But I cannot find anything relating to TR.IsCountryPrimaryQuote - what is the equivalent field or how would I determine this?
By way of example for the RIC ANZ.NZ fro ANZ Bank:

Eikon data api gives - TR.ISPRIMARYINSTRUMENT: True, TR.ISPRIMARYQUOTE: 0, TR.ISCOUNTRYPRIMARYQUOTE: True

RDP gives - IsPrimaryRIC: False, IsPrimaryIssueRIC: False

I assume TR.IsPrimaryQuote maps to IsPriamryIssueRic but what does TR.IsPrimaryInstrument map to as it clearly does not map to IsPrimaryRic? And what is the equivalent or how do you determine TR.IsCountryPrimaryQuote?

Also how do I get TRBC, GICS, ICB, and NAICS sector codes from RDP?

Thank you kindly.

eikon-data-apirdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greetings @pierre.faurel you provided an answer that is now deleted?!?!

Sorry, I posted too quickly a response on something not yet released and available !

Hello @armandnaude

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

armandnaude avatar image   armandnaude veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Greetings veerapath rungruengrayubkul I am confused there is no reply to my question that can be accepted as an answer?!?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@armandnaude

You're right, RDP Search API does not provide a property that is equivalent to TR.ISCOUNTRYPRIMARYQUOTE in Eikon. And I'm afraid I don't see a way to replicate the search you perform in the Screener in Eikon using RDP Search API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.