question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 1

series400.example450__MarketPrice__QueryServiceDiscovery

Hello,

I used Eclipse to set the proxy, and when I ran "series400.example450__MarketPrice__QueryServiceDiscovery", an error message was displayed on the console screen of Eclipse. When I checked with our network team, it was possible to communicate via a proxy. What are the possible causes of the error?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apisample-code
1602210648017.png (15.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@yuichiro.saito

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @yuichiro.saito

The 'login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002)' error message means the EMA API did not receive a Login response message from ERT in Cloud ADS server "amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com" port 14002 in time.

This is most likely to be a network issue between your network proxy and Refinitiv hosted server in AWS.

I strongly suggest your contact the ERT in Cloud support team (please select "Elektron Real Time in Cloud" in product category) via https://my.refinitiv.com/ to help you verify the connection issue.

ert-support.png (13.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @yuichiro.saito

Did you generate the keystore file and pass it to the application via -keyfile and -keypasswd parameters yet?

Please refer to this post answer and this article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @wasin.waeosri

The keystore file has been created and I ran the program with the keystore file location and password in the command.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @yuichiro.saito

Could you please give me a full log or error messages when the problem occur?

I have run the same example450__MarketPrice__QueryServiceDiscovery in my environment and it can connect to ERT in Cloud via port 14002 (default RSSL port) successfully.

Please note that my environment does not require the proxy to access internet RDP/ERT in Cloud server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello. @wasin.waeosri

Since our network requires a connection via a proxy, the sample program is executed after setting the proxy. When I checked with our network staff, I got the answer that it is considered that it is possible to communicate with your company without being blocked by our network. Please tell me the cause of login failure to ERT in Cloud.

Error details: "Exception Type ='OmmInvalidUsageException', Text ='login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for amer-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:14002)', Error Code ='-4052' "

1602479967469.png (24.6 KiB)
Upvotes
83 2 8 6

@yuichiro.saito san,
May I know what kind of trouble-isolation have you tried?
And is there any authentication attempts logged on your company's network?
We strongly suggest you to build a pilot test environment to isolate from your proxy and try it as it seems to be network reachability issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @yuichiro.saito

Do you still encounter the issue? Did you have a chance to test scenario as suggested by Naoto?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.