Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 3 3

Delisted warrant price data

I am looking to get time series for certain delisted tickers. For the common shares, I can use RIC with with the month and year of delisting, and that works. For the warrants, I am not getting the delisted tickers in this format. Instead, I only see ___.DEX (e.g. ACTTW.DEX).

When I get the time series for these, it is usually very incomplete, has a shortened range. Does anyone know why this might be and how to fix this issue?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apitime-seriessymbologywarrants
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@mani.sabapathi Thanks for your question - expired warrants/options usually have a ^ in the RIC to indicate they are expired. Once you have the expired RIC, then you need to request a date range that was valid during the life of the option.

Please see this thread. If you need help finding the expired RIC codes for the warrants please contact the helpdesk and raise a content query and they will be happy to help you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.