Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

Is there an API for news including sentiment?

Hi,

I would like to analyze climate-related news according to 10 search key words and about 100 companies combined with AND/OR operators including news sentiment (positive vs. negative -highly important!) over the past 5 years daily. Is there any feasible solution to download this big amount of data at once for example through an API or any other possibility instead of manually one by one?

Thank you in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapinewsmrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.
This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@freandersen Thanks for your question - unfortunately Eikon carries only 15 months of news history and if you are interested I have written an article on generating news sentiment using the Eikon Data API. To access deeper histories you should use our Machine Readable News: News Analytics & Archive dataset. This feed and archive provides realtime streaming sentiment for news as well as a microsecond timestamped archive going back to 2003 You can speak to your account manager about arranging access to this.

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 0

Hi Jason, Thank you for your reply!

Two follow up questions, @jason.ramchandani :

1) Can the Machine Readable News tool search for specific key words and companies including operators (AND/OR)?

2) Can I extract the data into excel for analysis?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @freandersen,

You may wish to take a look at Refinitiv Machine Readable News History it carries news since 2003, and if seems of interest, discuss getting the product with your Refinitiv account manager.

There are MRN feed and MRN news archive, and you can get a more technical view of these two via REAL-TIME NEWS FEED AND ARCHIVES User Guide doc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.