For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Cannot authenticate with WS API

We are getting either Type: Ping as response (instead of State/Data/Ok), or 500 Internal Server Error. It was working correctly yesterday, but no outages reported. Anyone seeing this too?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

Can you try the RDP python sample - and see if the behavior is same. Are you behind a firewall/proxy?

Are you able to successfully use API playground?

I tried loggin in right now and it works:

>>> python rdpToken.py 
Getting OAuth access token... 
Getting a new token using Password Grant... 
Requesting from TOKEN_ENDPOINT: https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token 
Saving the new token

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

@CT Grid Support,

Can you provide more details - which endpoint are you connecting to and what is the RIC? I presume you are connecting to cloud and not a local enterprise platform.

I tried amer-3 in cloud multiple times and was able to get data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Right now I am getting 500 in response to request sent to

https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/beta1/token

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

I can see that you are still using the beta2 URL. Please note the change to v1

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Actually right now the auth URL started to work but still the endpoint replies with Type: Ping when we try to open WS connection. We expect Data: Ok there. The endpoint we use is emea-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com . I will try Python script later, but is there anything wrong with this endpoint?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Yes, there seems to be some issue with emea-* endpoint. If you wait long enough (about 20 seconds), your will receive this status message:

RECEIVED:
[
  {
    "Domain":"Login",
    "ID":1,
    "Key":{
      "Name":"AQIC5wM2LY4SfczkHaJTMllYQCXlINhiYt6Zt4BPpVp0R%2F8%3D%40AAJTSQACMjAAAlNLABM3NDM1NjUwNTYyMjY5MzM0ODI0AAJTMQACMzM%3D%23"
    },
    "State":{
      "Code":"Timeout",
      "Data":"Suspect",
      "Stream":"Closed",
      "Text":"A21: Access Denied. Timed out waiting for response from DACS server. Try request again."
    },
    "Type":"Status"
  }
]

I will raise this internally. Meanwhile please use other ednpoints like amer-2 or amer-3.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.