For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 0

DSS API ScheduleExtractNow wrong location address

I use ScheduleExtractNow functionality to retrieve data immediately. When my query takes to long (more than 30 s), I get response with status code 202. According to the documentation I grab the "Location" field from the response's header and issue GET against this location to poll the report to determine when it has completed. Unfortunately, when I send the request based on this location I receive 501 status code. I figured out that location field gives me the wrong address. The correct one, according to REST API Tree, should look like this:

.../Extractions/Schedules({id})/ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ScheduleExtractNowResult(Extraction='id_report_ext') 

but I actually get sth like this

.../Extractions/Schedules({id})/DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ScheduleExtractNowResult(Extraction='id_report_ext') 

from the location field. This is a bug, am I right?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdsserror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @adam.pytel

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @adam.pytel,

I think you are noticing that in cases when ScheduleExractNow request that does not complete with Status 200 and is accepted with Status 202, it returns invalid location header:

When we try to use this location to get result:

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}Extractions/Schedules('0x0749e802b926f86b')/DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ScheduleExtractNowResult(ExtractionId='0x0749e802f656f86b') 

does not work, it should be

{
                {protocol}}{
                {host}}{
                {api}}Extractions/Schedules('0x0749e802b926f86b')/ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ScheduleExtractNowResult(ExtractionId='0x0749e802f656f86b') 

And then the link works as expected.

We see the same, and are going to ask product to verify this behavior.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @adam.pytel,

Can you please post your complete query, or attach a file showing that you are trying. The Location header in the response message should be a fully qualified URL, and not the canonical notation that you have shown here. Here is an example of it with TickHistoryTimeAndSalesExtractionRequest:

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRawResult(ExtractionId='0x074****899')

I have not tried it yet with ScheduleExtractNow. Can you post the raw HTTP request/response messages that you see.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.