question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

API Code for Eikon

Hi, I am using Eikon API on Python and i am doing a request for some boat location. My problem is that I am receiving data on a too small aggregation. For instance, i would like to have only one observation per week. Can you help me with that ? Below an example of my request:

trial45 = ek.get_data("C}KL7309431343" ,["TR.AssetName","TR.AssetStatus","TR.AssetCubicCapacity","TR.AssetLocationDate","TR.AssetLocationLatitude","TR.AssetLocationLongitude"], {'Sdate':'2020-10-01','EDate':'2020-10-15','FRQ':'M'}). Thank you

eikonpythonapieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Jerome Cadahing

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@Jerome Cadahing Please try this:

df,err = ek.get_data("C}KL7309431343" ,["TR.AssetName","TR.AssetStatus","TR.AssetCubicCapacity", "TR.AssetLocationDate","TR.AssetLocationLatitude","TR.AssetLocationLongitude"], {'Sdate':'2020-10-01','EDate':'2020-10-15','VDT':'True'})

df

which gives one reading per day - it is then easy for you to select which weekly reading you want to extract from either say on a friday or monday etc. using date manipulations.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@Jerome Cadahing

You can use the Data Item Browser (DIB) application to verify available parameters for TR.AssetLocationLongitude.

These are parameters for TR.AssetLocationLongitude.

You can try those parameters.

For more information, please refer to this article.

You may also contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv for the meaning of each parameter.

1603181997372.png (26.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0
Solved it thanks !
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.