question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 2 8 7

ESDK ETA RCC - Error:1002 ipcRead() failure. Connection reset by peer

Hello everyone,

I'm using this tutorial to try to build a contribution application.

But when I'm going to run it, I got the bellow error:

Could you help me to understand why that error occurs and how do I overcome it?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkrrteta-apielektron-transport-apic++rcc-api
screenshot-27.png (56.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The issue it was resolved using other kind of endpoint.

Instead of use an Endpoint that using connection internet It was needed to use one that use delivery direct.

Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Bruno.Leal,

The production contribution channel endpoints have changed recently. Looking at

Contributions Channel Production Internet Service Addresses on my.refinitiv, and at Contributions Channel Production Delivery Direct Service Addresses,

I am not finding the endpoint that you reference. Could you please try with one of the new ones, depending on whether you are over the internet or delivery direct, and let us know how it goes?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @zoya.farberov,

You are right, the issue it was the endpoint, I was trying over the internet but for that example the correct is over delivery direct.

Thank you so much for you help!

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Bruno.Leal,

It looks like the endpoint disconnects you. There are a couple of things I would look into, from your screen capture:

After -uname there should be a valid user?

If you are running on windows, you may need a windows endpoint, please refer to this previous discussion.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 2 8 7

Hello @zoya.farberov

Even I taking -uname off from command or setting it with other value (e.g -uname GE-A-01329598-3-3580), it keeps no work.

But now I'm getting the "Segmentation fault" message. Do you know why could it happen?

1. Screenshot - Without -uname.

2. Screenschot - With -uname defined.

I'm running ETA API on Linux Container (Docker version 19.03.12, build 48a66213fe):

1603287419488.png (20.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @Bruno.Leal,

Let me step back and just confirm:

• You have installed pre-built ESDK on Linux, there were no errors, or built from source code latest ESDK downloaded from GitHub and no errors on ESDK make, and next tested another, simple ETA example, that does not require RCC connection, such as Consumer, and it is working and consuming Elektron content? (as there should not be a segmentation fault even if you pass invalid parameters)
  • The -uname value that you pass, is it a valid user?

Answering your question:

• You are right, but I didn't test any other example, because I only have Server address to contribution. I've tried to run Consumer application, but I got the bellow message:
    • Error: 1002 Could not read IPC Mount Ack. Connection attempt has failed. System errno: (115)

• I think so, because I've ever tested my credentials on RCC EMA API and it's worked. I only changed to ETA API because there it's not possible to do contribution of the more than 1 RIC at a time.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.