Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

ek.get_data Historic data

Query:

Outcome:

Can you please help me to receive historic data for the fields?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @KLULibrary1,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@KLULibrary1

To the best of my knowledge, of the range of Starmine analytics, only Combined Alpha Model scores can be retrieved as timeseries using Eikon Excel or Eikon Data APIs. For other models like Intrinsic Valuation Model you can view historical data in the chart in Eikon application, but you can only retrieve the most recent values into Excel or using Eikon APIs. As far as I know this is a deliberate product management / marketing decision. The full history of Starmine Analytics for programmatic consumption is only available through analytics feed products (QA Direct and QA Point). See the list of Relevant Products towards the bottom of the page following the link below.

https://www.refinitiv.com/en/products/starmine-financial-modeling/starmine-investment-research-analytics

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @KLULibrary1,

The fields selected do not support Timeseries, therefore, not possible to retrieve historic data.

I have double-checked the available content for these fields with Eikon -> Data Item Browser:

For more information, please see this relevant previous discussion thread.

If you'd like to learn more of Data Item Browser usage, see EDAPI Tutorials -Fundamentals API - Company Tearsheet Estimate

starminetsla.gif (119.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

This answer seems to be insofar odd as you do have the historic data available.

Please give me support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.