Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi team! I have been asked to reach out to you guys from the helpdesk for a query for my client they need to get a snapshot of all the LPG VLGC vessels status at a certain time in history (for example, 31st march 2020). Can it done by Eikon Data API?

I want to get a snapshot of all the LPG VLGC vessels status at a certain time in history (for example, 31st march 2020). So it will be something like:

Example:

No.

Time

VLGC

Latitude

Longitude

Draft

Status

31/03/2020

Gas Taurus

….

9.6m

Underway using Engine

31/03/2020

Gas Summit

31/03/2020

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Nitti.Thapa

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@Nitti.Thapa To do this you would need to use two of our APIs - firstly RDP Search API and then Eikon Data API.

import eikon as ek 
import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp 
ek.set_app_key('Your App Key Here') 
rdp.open_desktop_session('Your App Key Here') 

dfRic = rdp.search(view = rdp.SearchViews.VesselPhysicalAssets,                      query = 'LPG Tanker and VLGC not yard',     
                   top=10000) 

display(dfRic)

then we take our list of RICs and pass them to the Eikon Data API get_data function:

fields =['TR.AssetName','TR.AssetType','TR.AssetSubType','TR.AssetSubSubType','TR.AssetImo','TR.AssetLocationDate','TR.AssetLocationLatitude','TR.AssetLocationLongitude']

df,err = ek.get_data(dfRic['RIC'].astype(str).values.tolist(),fields,{'SDate':'2020-03-18','VDT':'True'})

df

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Nitti.Thapa

You need to know identifiers and fields.

Here is an example:

You can use "Data Item Browser" to search for the field name.

ahs.png (10.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.