Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Hi team! I have been asked to reach out to you guys from the helpdesk for a query for my client they need to get a snapshot of all the LPG VLGC vessels status at a certain time in history (for example, 31st march 2020). Can it done by Eikon Data API?

I want to get a snapshot of all the LPG VLGC vessels status at a certain time in history (for example, 31st march 2020). So it will be something like:

Example:

No.

Time

VLGC

Latitude

Longitude

Draft

Status

31/03/2020

Gas Taurus

….

9.6m

Underway using Engine

31/03/2020

Gas Summit

31/03/2020

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@Nitti.Thapa To do this you would need to use two of our APIs - firstly RDP Search API and then Eikon Data API.

import eikon as ek 
import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp 
ek.set_app_key('Your App Key Here') 
rdp.open_desktop_session('Your App Key Here') 

dfRic = rdp.search(view = rdp.SearchViews.VesselPhysicalAssets,                      query = 'LPG Tanker and VLGC not yard',     
                   top=10000) 

display(dfRic)

then we take our list of RICs and pass them to the Eikon Data API get_data function:

fields =['TR.AssetName','TR.AssetType','TR.AssetSubType','TR.AssetSubSubType','TR.AssetImo','TR.AssetLocationDate','TR.AssetLocationLatitude','TR.AssetLocationLongitude']

df,err = ek.get_data(dfRic['RIC'].astype(str).values.tolist(),fields,{'SDate':'2020-03-18','VDT':'True'})

df

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Nitti.Thapa

You need to know identifiers and fields.

Here is an example:

You can use "Data Item Browser" to search for the field name.

ahs.png (10.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.