For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

How get the data from ERT in Cloud using Websocket API in R

Recently I got trial to Elektron feed. In the welcome email was said that "You need to use the Websocket API not the REST API as you will be receiving the data from our streaming feed.". The link that was suggested to help was following: https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/elektron/refinitiv-websocket-api/quick-start

To get the data, I have all of the following:1)Machine ID, 2)Client_ID credential and 3) Password

I am interested in historical data for ticker ENOAFBLMc1. The data should not be "closing", so I need BID and ASK, VOLUME (and possibly CLOSE, HIGH, LOW). Could you help how retrieve the data in real-time service.

refinitiv-realtimetreprdp-apiapiwebsocketsrrtor
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Kerry

I edited the title of this question.

How get the data from Eikon using Websocket API in R

To:

How get the data from ERT in Cloud using Websocket API in R

Thanks for your understanding.

@Kerry

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Kerry

We do not have the WebSocket API - ERT in Cloud connection with R example yet, but you can find the R examples for deployed real-time connection in WebSocket API GitHub page.

Regarding the Authentication REST API with RDP part, you may refer to the RDP R example in this Refinitiv Data Platform Historical R Example GitHub page.

Hope these help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, @wasin.waeosri In the link you sent regarding REST API, it is said that "

• client_id: A unique ID defined for an application making the request. Users can generate/manage their application ID's here

"

However, when press to set this app ID, I have empty website . How can I get this app ID for the REST API

1603710120038.png (40.6 KiB)

Hello @Kerry

Did you set the "App Display Name", select the API and click "Register New App" button yet?

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@Kerry

Elektron Real-Time feed does not provide historical data. It only provides streaming current market data. If you're looking for timeseries of historical data you need a different product, e.g. Tick History for intraday timeseries or Datascope Select for end of day timeseries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.