Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 2 5

Error connecting to Eikon Desktop API

Hello,

I am trying to run the below script:

import eikon as ek

ek.set_app_key('xxxxxxxxx')

test=ek.get_news_headlines("AAPL.O",count=10)

and I get the below error:

P[17764] [MainThread 444] Error code 500 | Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND emea1.apps.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz emea1.apps.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

P[17764] [MainThread 444] HTTP request failed: EikonError-Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND emea1.apps.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz emea1.apps.cp.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz:443","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
36 0 0 0

We had a similar problem. It seems to result from the fact that the Python run does not find the Eikon port.

We solved the problem by uninstalling (several) versions of Python and to make a clean installation with Pip (and not Conda). Also we no longer used a virtual environment.

So without having identified the exact problem, we could get a fully operational installation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you, I am using Conda, so your answer makes sense.

Upvotes
35 1 2 3

I think your code is correct, except that you should write "test" at the end. I have verified your code. (The App Key is hidden.)

Perhaps the cause is that your EIKON or Workspace is not online. (Temporarily offline / Not running App)

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.