Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 4 4 5

Eikon Excel mnemonic for value of an economic series

Hi, I'm trying to retrieve the value of the economic series "aUSCPI/A", but TR.PriceClose doesn't have a value. What Mnemonic should I use to retrieve the monthly CPI level? Thanks, Robby

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
23 4 4 5

Hi, I am trying to get the ten year yield now. Can you suggest why it may not be working with the code below? I'm assuming that .WithView() should not be ECONOMIC. What view should I use? Thanks.

request = timeSeries.SetupDataRequest("91282CAE1=")

.WithView("ECONOMIC")

.WithAllFields()

.WithInterval(CommonInterval.Monthly)

.WithNumberOfPoints(1000)

.OnDataReceived(DataReceivedCallback)

.OnStatusUpdated(OnStatusUpdated)

.CreateAndSend();

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Robby Stamper

When asking a new question, please always start a new thread.
To answer your question, ECONOMIC view does not exist for bond RICs. To retrieve native bid yield for US Treasury notes and bonds you can use the default view or BID_YIELD view. For more info see "Views and intervals" section of "Time series" tutorial for Eikon .NET APIs.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

To retrieve timeseries of economic indicator values into Excel use =RHistory function.

=RHistory("aUSCPI/A","ECONOMIC.Timestamp;ECONOMIC.Value","INTERVAL:1MO",,"CH:Fd")
icon clock
10 |1500

I used RDP.HistoricalPricing

It worked. Thanks.

Upvotes
23 4 4 5

Awesome, thx!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 4 4 5

I'm actually trying to download the data via the COM interface using C#

When I create the rdata Com object, and subscribe, My OnUpdate() method receives the following error:

"The formula must contain at least one field or function."

instrumentList = "aUSCPI/A"

fieldsList = "ECONOMIC.Timestamp;ECONOMIC.Value"

requestParametersList = "INTERVAL:1MO"

displayParametersList = "CH:Fd"

Am I able to get RHistory() data through the COM interface? If so, could I see some sample code?

Thanks,

Robby

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

RHistory COM API can only be used in Excel process with Eikon Excel add-in loaded. If you're creating a custom .NET application, use Eikon .NET API instead. See the Time Series tutorial for an example of using this API for the retrieval of timeseries.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 4 4 5

I have downloaded the DataApiUsageExampleTimeseriesData solution.

I modified the code to look up CPI data.

Console.WriteLine("[2] Time series request example");

Console.WriteLine("");

request = timeSeries.SetupDataRequest("aUSCPI/A")

//.WithView("BID")

//.WithAllFields()

//.WithInterval(CommonInterval.Monthly)

//.WithNumberOfPoints(10)

.CreateAndSend();

}

private void OnStatusUpdated(IRequestStatus obj)

{

throw new NotImplementedException();

}

If I run it, the OnStatusUpdated method gets fired and obj.Error = "unspecified" and DataReceivedCallBack never gets fired.

If I put back the ticker as the example had it, "EUR=", it works great.

Is my call correct for an Econ time series?

Thanks!

Robby

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

When setting up the request you should use .WithInterval(CommonInterval.Monthly) because the default interval is daily. And you should use .WithView("ECONOMIC") .

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 4 4 5

First, Thank you for your swift responses.

Second, This is my new Launch() method and it still fires the same "OnStatusUpdated" event rather than "DataReceivedCallback" event

public void Launch()

{

Console.WriteLine("[2] Time series request example");

Console.WriteLine("");

request = timeSeries.SetupDataRequest("aUSCPI/A")

.WithView("ECONOMIC")

.WithAllFields()

.WithInterval(CommonInterval.Monthly)

.WithNumberOfPoints(10)

.CreateAndSend();

}

Thanks in advance.

Robby

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

I just tried it on my end and reproduced the same behavior you experienced. The code should work. However, It looks like there's a problem with the backend for economic indicator timeseries at the moment. RHistory Excel function I provided at the top of this thread now returns "The time series server does not have enough resources to complete the request for: aUSCPI/A". The chart object in Eikon cannot display charts for economic indicators either.

I raised support case #09321086 on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk. The Helpdesk will investigate the issue and will reach out to you when they have any update.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
23 4 4 5

Thanks! I hope I didn't break it :)

Robby

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.