Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
46 7 8 8

How can I get historical ESG data?

I am looking to get historical data for data points such as "TR.BoardMeetingAttendanceAvg" or "QMS Certified Percent" going back two or three years. Ideally on a monthly basis.

How can I access that through the API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apihistoricalesg
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

hi @Erik77 thanks for your question. Please see the code below:

df, err = ek.get_data(['0#.FTSE'],['TR.BoardMeetingAttendanceAvg(SDate=0,EDate=-4,Period=FY0,Frq=FY).date',                       'TR.BoardMeetingAttendanceAvg(SDate=0,EDate=-4,Period=FY0,Frq=FY)'])

df

So this can get you the data for the requested field for -4 FY for all of FTSE. As the data is captured only once per year, i believe you simply want to group by month of return which is easy enough if you df.set_index on the date field added. I hope this can help.

1604398831524.png (125.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thank you @jason.ramchandani!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.