Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
12 4 4 9

Is it possible to get a time-series of "Quotes" intraday numbers?

I'd like to get a "Quotes" (best Bid and Ask , top of the book ) time series for a certain ric. For example with 1 minute time between the entries.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply.
This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @davide.costanzo

The rdp,get_snapshot() function does not appear to be working for a desktop session- I will check if this is by design or a beta version issue.

In the meantime, you can use the StreamingPrices object to do the same e.g.

streaming_prices = rdp.StreamingPrices(universe=['EUR='], fields=['BID','ASK','ACVOL_1', 'OFFCL_CODE', 'ACTIV_DATE'])
streaming_prices.open()

and then call the following as and when required:

streaming_prices.get_snapshot()

1604504035400.png (4.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @davide.costanzo

I believe the rdp.get_snapshot() targets the Refinitiv Data Platform API for snapshots, whereas the StreamingPrice is actually consuming streaming data, caching it behind the scenes and you can then snapshot the cached values as required.

There are different licensing requirements for using the RDP API

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

You can get it using RDP Library. See Intraday Pricing Summaries examples in Jupyter notebooks 2.1.0 - 2.1.2 following the link below.

https://github.com/Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.Python

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 4 9

thank you for the quick reply,

I tried the following code, but the get_snapshot function returns 'None' , do you know why?

thank you!

eikon_key = 'dbxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxb'
import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp.open_desktop_session(eikon_key)
rdp.get_snapshot( universe = ['GBP=','JPY='],  fields   = ['BID','ASK'] ) 
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @davide.costanzo

You can try this sample code:

rdp.open_desktop_session('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY') 
response = rdp.HistoricalPricing.get_summaries(universe = 'GBP=',
                                                fields = ['BID','ASK'],
                                                interval = rdp.Intervals.ONE_MINUTE) 
display(response.data.df)

Please change DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY to your appkey.

ahs.png (41.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 4 9

this one works, thank you !

Is it possible to get the 1-minute-interval quotes for LCOc1 over 1 full past day ? (I seem to be able to get only the last few minutes)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 4 9

Also, is there any data amount limit with this API , like for the Eikon one?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @davide.costanzo

I can pull more than 1 full day data of LCOc1.

I believe that the same limitation as Eikon Data API would be applied to RDP Library.

ahs.png (32.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 4 9

thanks, works now, the date format was wrong.

But the get_snapshot function still returns None. It is useful to me to obtain several rics with just one call.

Do you have some idea of the reason ?

Do you have some alternative way to obtain multiple rics quotes time series with just one call ?

thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

If you're looking to get intraday timeseries for multiple RICs, there's no way to do this currently. If you're looking to get a snapshot of current market data for multiple RICs, that's possible using get_data method of Eikon Data APIs. RDP Library includes module named Eikon, which provides all the functionality available in Eikon Data APIs library.

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
rdp.open_desktop_session('MY_APP_KEY')
df, err = ek.get_data(['EUR=','GBP='],['BID','ASK'])
df

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.