question

Upvotes
Accepted
76 16 21 29

How do I retrieve fundamental and reference data from the Data Cloud with JET?

Real-time data is covered by JET.Quotes:

JET.Quotes.create() .rics(".SPX") .formattedFields("CF_LAST") .onUpdate(onUpdate) .start();

What would be the equivalent request for fundamental and reference data, please?

E.g. in Eikon for Office terminology, something like TR.Revenue, or to take a parameterized example, TR.TotalReturn(sdate=0D,edate=-1AY).

eikoneikon-app-studiojavascriptjet
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

here is the link to the internal document https://thehub.thomsonreuters.com/groups/data-grid

@tristan.hale

Hi.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@tristan.hale, you can use the recent addition to JET, the DataGrid API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks, Zhenya. This appears to be a straightforward way to access ADC data.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

As of yet, only real time/delayed, timeseries, symbology and news data is available in JET.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

You may use UDF (cpurl://views.cp./Apps/UDF).

UDF provides a unified front-ent to content from over 50 Thomson Reuters services, such as Top News, fundamentals, and street events, through a common JSON-POST style interface. 

There are a lot of services available in UDF. From my test, ADC service can provide the values for TR.Revenue and TR.TotalReturn.

icon clock
10 |1500

Thanks, Jirapongse. I suspect DataGrid will serve well for my ADC purposes, but UDF is clearly interesting based on the wide range of sources offered. Since I am not familiar with JSON-POST style interfaces I would need to invest some time in order to use the UDF technology in my apps...

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.