Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 6 9 11

Get all Index RICs for a particular country

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Eikon API (ideally) to get a list of all of the Exchange RICs for a particular country (say, all Exchange RICs for the United States). I've looked at the answer posted here. However, that doesn't really answer my question as I'm not interested in the constituents of the Exchanges, but instead am looking for:

1. Just the exchange-level index RICs for each exchange in operation in the country (ideally also historically-active exchanges that are no longer active)

2. A way to do this using the Eikon API for Python (or alternatively DSWS)

Would you have any suggestions for points 1 and 2 above please?

Thank you very much in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsexchanges
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@AAMZ Apologies if there is any confusion on my part but a colleague said you might be looking for all indices in a country as opposed to all exchanges. In this case things are as simple using the RDP Search API IndexInstruments view:

data =rdp.search(
    view=rdp.SearchViews.IndexInstruments,
    filter = "RCSIndexCountryGroupLeaf eq 'United States'", 
    top =  10000,
    select ="DocumentTitle, RIC, LongName") 

display(data)

I hope this can help.

1605275156192.png (107.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Jason, thank you very much for this helpful response! Yes indeed this is what I was looking for. And apologies for not responding sooner. I'm working out with my Refinitiv account exec on how to set up RDP and wanted to test this first. But anyway it looks like this is exactly what I'm after, thanks again.

Upvotes
10.1k 18 6 9

@AAMZ You can use the RDP Search API which you have access to with Eikon. The search returns are limited to a maximum of 10,000. See the code below:

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp 
rdp.open_desktop_session('Your App Key Here') 
data =rdp.search(
    view = rdp.SearchViews.EquityQuotes,
    filter = "RCSExchangeCountryLeaf eq 'United States'",
    top = 10000,
    select = "ExchangeCode",
    group_by = "ExchangeCode",
    group_count = 1
)
  display(data)

. I hope this can help.

1605112922056.png (184.3 KiB)
1605275877408.png (31.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.