question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 8 10 12

Retrieve financial data of companies trading on other global exchanges

Can I retrieve financial data of companies using TRKD fundamental API "Get Financial Statements Reports"/

Example:

NARI Technology Development is a Chinese company that trades on the Shanghai Index (SHA) - symbol is 6004060

Alrosa is a Russian company that trades on the Moscow Index (MCX) - symbol is ALRS

How can I retrieve financial data of these companies.

datarkd-apirkdfundamentals
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
201 3 2 2

RKD API also gives every user access to the search service. With this service 'Search V2' you can find the RIC code starting from the company name or exchange ticker .In the RKD API support portal, there are a few examples available .

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
43 8 10 12

Hello @jonathan.legrand, I am using below mentioned TRKD API.https://www.trkd.thomsonreuters.com/SupportSite/TestApi/Op?svc=Fundamentals_1&op=GetFinancialStatementsReports_1

Can I call this API for the companies which are traded on other global exchanges? The answer now is yes. I will just have to append the stock exchange name at the end of company symbol. for example 600406.SS where SS is stock exchange code.

Can you please help me in getting the name and codes for stock exchanges?

snip1.jpg (101.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6

The RKD API search service provides the mapping from an exchange code or company name to a RIC code - I asked for access myself to dig into the question some more and see this specific service in action.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.