Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Excel VWAP function

Hi, just wondering if you could give an example of the vwap calculation in excel. I just want to calculate for example the vwap of the VIX index for a 10 minute period during the day.
eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-for-office
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@zhang.qin

I'm not sure I understand what VWAP is in the context of VIX or any other stock index, as stock indices are not traded on an exchange. There's no trade price and no trade volume associated with an index value.
For stocks you can retrieve VWAP calculated by Refinitiv between two points in time using TR.VWAP field in =TR function in Eikon Excel, e.g.

=TR("IBM.N","TR.VWAP","StartTime=2020-12-07T10.00.00 EndTime=2020-12-07T10.10.00")

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.