question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 7 8 9

Exception while accessing RFA View

HI Team,

I am trying to use VIEW while subscribing data (for example EUR=), I have followed the instructions mentioned in RFAJ_DeveloperGuide.pdf. below is the code :

encoder.initialize(OMMTypes.MSG, 100);

encoder.encodeMsgInit(msg, OMMTypes.NO_DATA, OMMTypes.ELEMENT_LIST); encoder.encodeElementListInit(OMMElementList.HAS_STANDARD_DATA, (short)0, (short)0);

But while executing I am getting the below error :

Exception in thread "main" com.reuters.rfa.omm.OMMException: Unknown MsgType: 0 not supported at com.reuters.rfa.internal.rwf.RwfEncoder.encodeMsgInit(Unknown Source) at com.reuters.rfa.internal.rwf.RwfEncoder.encodeMsgInit(Unknown Source) at com.datagenic.reuters.view.data.ItemManager.encodeLoginReqMsg(ItemManager.java:114) at com.datagenic.reuters.view.data.ItemManager.sendRequest(ItemManager.java:66)

Please can you suggest if I am missing anything or any mistakes ?

Thanks in advance!!

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

To create a request with view, please see 13.3.2.1 Creating Request Message With View in RFAJ_DeveloperGuide.pdf. The example application source code is StarterConsumer_BatchView in Examples\com\reuters\rfa\example\omm\batchviewcons. The example application shows how to request and reissue view and batch items. For the help of the application, please refer to package.html in the source code directory.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation !!

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

It seems that you did not set message type when encoding a login request. Please make sure that setMsgType(OMMMsg.MsgType.REQUEST) is called. For example:

msg.setMsgType(OMMMsg.MsgType.REQUEST);

msg.setMsgModelType(RDMMsgTypes.LOGIN);

I can reproduce the problem by removing the line: msg.setMsgType(OMMMsg.MsgType.REQUEST);

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.