For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 1 4 4

DSS API DLL - TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest didn't find RIC but it exists

I'd like to understand why many ISINs that we sent via DSS Rest API dll returned with the message "not found", but doing a new search today in Datascope Select: , were found.

Here are some samples of ISINs but there are many more:

BRBMEFCIVG54 - Not found at 2020-11-10 19:34:51.897

BRBMEFC20XA3 - Not found at 2020-11-11 18:35:09.103

BRBMEFVX2384 - Not found at 2020-11-12 19:05:39.650

BRBMEFC30XC8 - Not found at 2020-11-12 19:35:45.433

BRBMEFV30X36 - Not found at 2020-11-12 19:35:45.433

In the line below, we're using TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest.

var extractionRequest = new TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest
{
    IdentifierList = InstrumentIdentifierList.Create(instrumentIdentifierList, null, false),
    ContentFieldNames = new[] { "RIC", "Trading Status" }
};

var extractedRows = ExtractionsContext.Extract(extractionRequest).ToArray();

Best regards.

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @everton.solon,

This is a different story. If you are facing an issue that only manifests once, or seldom, and does not reproduce on demand (i.e. currently you are finding all these RICs via API?) when you see this type of issue, you should request with extraction notes, and immediately open a support inquiry with Refinitiv Helpdesk Online including you job ID and extraction notes. Then DSS support can investigate the specific request, result and the issue.

This forum is best suited for general questions and discussions around Refintiiv APIs, it will not be very helpful for time-sensitive issues that require environment-specific investigation or product outage reports. If you happen to have extraction notes and job Ids, for these requests, you will still be able to proceed on the inquiry.

---

Let me mention on a related topic, I think you are referring to "ThomsonReuters.DSS.RestAPI.Client.dll" that is part of DSS .Net SDK, as "DSS API DLL - TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest " did not come with SDK installation, so potentially it may be a custom DLL that was developed by your organization as ease of use tier on top of DSS .Net SDK.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @everton.solon,

I have tested TermsAndConditions with a couple of the same ISINs:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "CUSIP", "ISIN", "SEDOL", "Issuer OrgID", "Currency Code"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                { "Identifier": "BRBMEFCIVG54", "IdentifierType": "Isin" },
                { "Identifier": "BRBMEFC20XA3", "IdentifierType": "Isin" }
            ]
        }
    }
}

They come back as valid for me:

{
    "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult",
    "Contents": [
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Isin",
            "Identifier": "BRBMEFCIVG54",
            "RIC": "IDI293300J1",
            "CUSIP": null,
            "ISIN": "BRBMEFCIVG54",
            "SEDOL": null,
            "Issuer OrgID": null,
            "Currency Code": "BRL"
        },
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Isin",
            "Identifier": "BRBMEFC20XA3",
            "RIC": "DS25075A1",
            "CUSIP": null,
            "ISIN": "BRBMEFC20XA3",
            "SEDOL": null,
            "Issuer OrgID": null,
            "Currency Code": "BRL"
        }
    ],

However, just a thought, if you are using our C# Datascope REST Example GUI, please make sure you remove various conditions from the request that would be included by default, for example:

var extractionRequest = new TermsAndConditionsExtractionReque {
     IdentifierList = InstrumentIdentifierList.Create(
                    new[] { new InstrumentIdentifier { Identifier = "BRBMEFCIVG54", IdentifierType = IdentifierType.Isin} }, null, false),
                ContentFieldNames = new[] {
                    "Conversion Terms End Date", "Index Principal Flag", "Conversion Terms Start Date", "RIC", "Round Lot Size",
                    "Redemption Value", "Original Issue Amount", "Issue Price", "First Coupon Date", "Issue Date", "Par Value",
                    "Accrual Date", "Base Index", "Factor", "Original Issue Discount Flag", "End Of Month Payment Flag", "ISIN",
                    "Index Linked Bond Base Index", "Coupon Frequency Description", "Total Amount Outstanding", "Maturity Date",
                    "Total Amount Issued", "Capitilization Flag", "Currency Code", "Trading Status"},
                Condition = new TermsAndConditionsCondition
                {
                    IssuerAssetClassType = IssuerAssetClassType.AllSupportedAssets,
                    ExcludeWarrants = false/*,
                    //DaysAgo = 3, //Use either DaysAgo or StartDate
                    StartDate = new DateTimeOffset(new DateTime(2015, 1, 1)),
                    FixedIncomeRatingSources = FixedIncomeRatingSource.StandardAndPoors,*/
                }
            };

Hope this helps?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 4 4

Hi @zoya.farberov

I appreciate your quick response.

The sample ISINs for my question were consulted by "DSS API DLL - TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest" on the dates and times mentioned in each row shown.

For example:

ISIN BRBMEFV30X36, from image, was consulted on November 12 at 7:35 pm. On this day and time, the RIC was not found by "DSS API DLL - TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest".

Today, using the Datascope Select tool on the "https://hosted.datascope.reuters.com/", it was found.

I would like to understand the reason. Is there a delay in creating the "RICS"? If so, how long would it be?

I am not using any conditions in the "DSS API DLL - TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest"

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
9 1 4 4

Hi @zoya.farberov

I will contact the customer support team to try to clarify this question.

"DSS API DLL - TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest" was a way that I found to say I'm using "ThomsonReuters.DSS.RestAPI.Client.dll".

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.