Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Eikon API Proxy proxy port number not identified

Hi there. After trying to downgrade/upgrade the httpx and eikon api itself and many other methods and solutions posted by the expert. I am still having problem for the Eikon API proxy problem. Is there anyone having the same issue or do you know how to solve this? Thank you.

I have already generated the API key through Eikon workspace and enabled the product key. After trying serval times we still encounter the problem of port number or proxy address not identified. I did have the workspace application up and running when I tried to use the API.

python version: 3.8.3

Interpreter: Anaconda3

Eikon API version: 1.1.7

IDE: Ipynb / Pycharm

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
eikon.png (107.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @uoft.sts

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @uoft.sts

Just want to get more information.

Please browse to the following URLs on your machine which the Refinitiv Workspace application is running.

http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/status

http://127.0.0.1:9000/ping?all

You should see this result:

ahs1.png (34.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hey chavalit,

Thank you very much for responding.

Unfortunately, I was not able to load both pages through the links that you gave me.

I also tried the URL in the pictures that you have attached. Those do not work as well. Thank you.

Please let me know if there is other ways that you can check the api status. Thank you

Hi @uoft.sts

The 127.0.0.1 IP address is your localhost on your machine.

If you cannot access the provided URLs, it could be that Refinitiv Workspace is not running

or it could be that Refinitiv Workspace is not listening to the traffic(maybe try to uninstall and re-install it)

or it could be that your traffic to localhost is blocked by a proxy in your company.

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit Thanks for the advise. I have reboosted the system and reinstalled the workplace application. here is what I got:

{"port":9000,"mode":"eikon5","pid":20836,"hasSecure":true,"startedTime":"Wed Nov 18 2020 19:51:28 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)","subApps":[{"path":"/heap"},{"path":"/ping"},{"path":"/sxs","data":{"hasSecure":true,"sxsApps":{}}},{"path":"/api"},{"path":"/api-docs","data":[]},{"path":{"fast_star":false,"fast_slash":false}}]}
{"statusCode":"ST_PROXY_READY","version":"2.6.0"}
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.