Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
12 4 4 8

Is it possible to get in one call, a time-series of intraday numbers for "Quotes" , "volume" , and "vwap" ?

I'd like to get with one call a time-series of intraday numbers for "Quotes" , "volume" , and "vwap" ? I tried the new python Data Platform which does the job for quotes but 'volume' and 'vwap' are missing. One minute time Interval if possible.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@davide.costanzo This call to the historical pricing events can get you trade and quote level details you want. This call does not provide time-aggregated summaries. You would need to do this yourself.

df1 = rdp.get_historical_price_events(universe = 'LCOF1', 
                                   eventTypes = ['trade','quote'],   
                                   fields = ['TRDPRC_1','TRDVOL_1','VWAP'])

display(df1)

The historical pricing summaries function provide one minute aggregation but no VWAP.

df1 = rdp.get_historical_price_summaries(universe = 'LCOF1',
                                   interval = rdp.Intervals.ONE_MINUTE, 
                                   fields = ['TRDPRC_1','ACVOL_UNS'])

display(df1)

Is this the kind of thing you were after?

1605801434956.png (97.2 KiB)
1605801757300.png (74.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.1k 18 6 9

@davide.costanzo do you mean you are using the get_timeseries api call - which does provide OHLC and volume at 1 min resolution?

Or are you referring to the Refinitiv Data Platform Historical Pricing API ? Please could you provide the API call you are using.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 4 8

thanks for answering. The get_timeseries (of the Eikon API) gives indeed OHLCV candles , while the rdp.get_historical_price_summaries() (of the Eikon Data Platform) provides the QUOTES. I am wondering if it is possible to get the VOLUME and the QUOTES in one call at the same time (and the VWAP possibly), for 1 minute time interval.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
10.1k 18 6 9

@davide.costanzo can you give me an example RIC and I will try to get you the correct API call. For example if its an FX RIC you could use the Count field of the get_timeseries for an indication of volume. VWAP would only come from Historical Pricing Events function - which you may need to aggregate to 1 min horizon. Send me a sample RIC and I will try.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
12 4 4 8

thank you! The RIC that I would like for example is LCOF1

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.