question

Upvotes
Accepted
171 5 6 8

first time connection to reuters

Hopefully this weekend we will have a working connection in our trading server,

our goal is to handle RIC ECI events

Currently our test app is based on consumer 291 (cpp,linux)
We were able to test\debug the code locally using sink_driven_src running on windows

My main questions:

1. does this sample support RIC ECI events?
  2. does changing the name to USNFAR=ECI. is enough ? ( insted of JPY=)
  3. where should i enter the session information that ill recive (user\password )
  4. what else should i be aware of ?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apilinux
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@iliak

It depends on the data feed that you are using.

If it is TREP, Elektron Edge Device, or Elektron as a Service, the example consumer100 or 120 is enough to subscribe to the data. To connect to that server, you need to know:

• Hostname or IP address of the server
  • TCP port listening on the server. The default port is 14002
  • Service name
  • Username

For example:

AppClient client;
OmmConsumer consumer(OmmConsumerConfig().host("127.0.0.1:14002").username("user01"));
consumer.registerClient(ReqMsg().serviceName("API_ELEKTRON_EPD_RSSL").name("USNFAR=ECI"), client);
sleep( 60000 );   

The output is:

It is similar to connect to sink_driven_src.

However, if the data feed is Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized (Cloud), you need to use the Con113 example.

OmmConsumer consumer( config.consumerName( "Consumer_3" ) );
        consumer.registerClient( ReqMsg().serviceName( "ELEKTRON_DD" ).name( "USNFAR=ECI" ), client );
        sleep( 900000 );    

To connect to Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized, the following information is required.

• UserID/MachineID
  • Password
  • AppKey (Client ID)

Then, run the example with the following parameters:

./Cons113 -username <UserID or MachineID> -password <Password> -clientId <AppKey>

I have tested with the SDK version 1.5.0.L1.

Next, I will answer your questions.

1. does this sample support RIC ECI events?

The consumer 291 is for a custom domain. You should use consumer100 or 120 instead.

2. does changing the name to USNFAR=ECI. is enough ? ( insted of JPY=)

Yes, it is enough if the application subscribes to the MarketPrice domain.

3. Where should i enter the session information that ill receive (user\password )
4. what else should i be aware of ?

You need to verify the types of data feed that you are using. If it is TREP, Elektron Edge Device, or Elektron as a Service, it requires the username. However, if it is a cloud, it requires a username, password, and appkey. You need to contact the account or Sales team for more information.

1606448006526.png (61.2 KiB)
1606449031375.png (56.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.